Followers

Monday 6 May 2013

The Mini Wiki Treasures Annual Awards

When I first became interested in miniatures last February, I started looking around on the internet for miniature resources and  the Mini Wiki Treasures Page was one of the first things I found. I spent hours combing through all the pages, which are organized by topic. I still always go back to the pages when I'm planning a new mini project. People from all over the world post pictures of their projects, and I've found it is such an excellent resource.

Last May the Mini Wiki Treasures Annual Awards were announced. You win an award if you are one of the top blogs that has contributed to the site. Last May I said to myself, "I want to be on that list next year".

And I am! You can read about the awards here.

I became involved in editing the pages, have joined their flickr group, and was supposed to be involved in their Advent Calendar but had to withdraw for personal reasons. I received the award partly because of my involvement in editing the site but mostly because I donated a prize to celebrate Mini Wiki Treasures fourth birthday.

I just mailed it off this morning, to a woman in Finland.

This is Saara from Finland's prize:


I have been designing my own labels and soap boxes in gimp, which is a free program similar to photoshop. What I didn't take into account was that my previous display box design wouldn't show the entire soap box! I played around with the arrangement a bit, reminded myself to stop being a perfectionist, and am pleased with the result. Every time I make something new, I learn something new.
That's what I love about miniatures.

Hugs to all,

Ruth

12 comments:

  1. Hello from Spain: thanks for recommending the page thumbnails. I like your new labels and your soaps. Great job. Keep in touch

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Ruth, it's so great for you. I have not actually been to the website before, one day when time permits, I will look around.
    It is a great gift the Finnish lady receives.
    Hugs and kisses and many thoughts
    Wyrna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Wyrna! Mini Wiki Treasures is a great resource. They have a page where you can list your online shop, so it can bring you more business when you start selling your miniatures!
      Hugs and Kisses,
      Ruth

      Delete
  3. Thanks for the lovely compliment Marta!
    Hugs,
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your gift is wonderful.
    Bye, Faby

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations! You did a fine job on your toiletries!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Am I the only one who is such a perfectionist and always see the flaws in my own projects? :P I am pleased with the final result though.

      Delete
  6. Hi Ruth, thank you so much for sharing this link with us, it is so interresting :)
    The gift you made is beauiful, the Finnish lady will be very happy !!
    Have a wonderful weekend.

    Hugs Mieke xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mieke!
      Have a wonderful weekend yourself.
      Hugs,
      Ruth

      Delete

I love hearing your feedback. Thanks for leaving a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...